How to change my address on my driver’s license in New Brunswick?
Service New Brunswick (SNB) is responsible for managing driver and vehicle licensing services in the province of New Brunswick. When you move, it is crucial to notify SNB, so as to make sure that your driver’s licence and/or vehicle permit are updated accordingly.
Who is required to notify Service New Brunswick of their change of address?
If you currently are in possession of a driver’s licence in New Brunswick, then you must notify Service New Brunswick of your new address within one month of your move.
How to change my address on my driver’s licence?
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am moving permanently from another province to New Brunswick?
If you are moving to New Brunswick, you need to visit your nearest SNB location as soon as you take up residence. You’ll have to bring with you:
- Driver’s License from the province that you are leaving.
- Current Motor Vehicle registration form, for the vehicle you will be driving in New Brunswick
- Proof of Residence in New Brunswick:
- Purchase agreement for new home
- Rental agreement
- Power, Cell phone or Cable Bill
- Make sure that the proof of residence document you are bringing has your new address on it!
Before you go to the SNB, first speak with your broker to ensure that you will have Auto Insurance Coverage the day you plan on changing the registration of the vehicle!
Once you are at the SNB office, you will:
- Complete the application for your New Brunswick Driver’s license. After completing the application, you will need to surrender your old driver’s license to SNB.
- Change the registration of the vehicle(s) to the province of New Brunswick.
- Show proof of insurance for your vehicle in New Brunswick: a fax copy, digital copy or hard copy.
- You can pay with Visa, Master Card, Debit or Cash.
Your address change in 5 minutes.
What if I am moving temporarily from another province to New Brunswick?
If you are a student who is moving to NB, you do not need to exchange your licence while in school. However, as soon as you take up permanent residence or become employed, you must exchange their licence.
Finally, as mentioned at the beginning of this article, changing your address on your driver’s licence is important task. An equally important one is updating your address for your health card. You can check out this article for information on how to make your change of address on your health card in New Brunswick!
One website for all your address change | MovingWaldo.
Do you have any question concerning your address change? MovingWaldo has been the reference in this sector since 2015. In fact, our free online service allows you to communicate your new contact information to a selection of over 600 private companies and governmental institutions in less than 5 minutes! Let’s just say there is a reason why RE/MAX and Sutton Quebec have chosen MovingWaldo has their official change of address partner.
To learn more about our free change of address service, click here.