How to change my address on my driver’s licence in New Brunswick?
Service New Brunswick (SNB) is responsible for managing driver and vehicle licensing services in the province of New Brunswick. When you move, it is crucial to notify SNB, so as to make sure that your driver’s licence and/or vehicle permit are updated accordingly.
Who is required to notify Service New Brunswick of their change of address?
If you currently are in possession of a driver’s licence in New Brunswick, then you must notify Service New Brunswick of your new address within one month of your move.
How to change my address on my driver’s licence?
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am moving permanently from another province to New Brunswick?
If you are moving to New Brunswick, you need to visit your nearest SNB location as soon as you take up residence. You’ll have to bring with you:
- Driver’s License from the province that you are leaving.
- Current Motor Vehicle registration form, for the vehicle you will be driving in New Brunswick
- Proof of Residence in New Brunswick:
- Purchase agreement for new home
- Rental agreement
- Power, Cell phone or Cable Bill
- Make sure that the proof of residence document you are bringing has your new address on it!
Before you go to the SNB, first speak with your broker to ensure that you will have Auto Insurance Coverage the day you plan on changing the registration of the vehicle!
Once you are at the SNB office, you will:
- Complete the application for your New Brunswick Driver’s license. After completing the application, you will need to surrender your old driver’s license to SNB.
- Change the registration of the vehicle(s) to the province of New Brunswick.
- Show proof of insurance for your vehicle in New Brunswick: a fax copy, digital copy or hard copy.
- You can pay with Visa, Master Card, Debit or Cash.
What if I am moving temporarily from another province to New Brunswick?
If you are a student who is moving to NB, you do not need to exchange your licence while in school. However, as soon as you take up permanent residence or become employed, you must exchange their licence.
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, changing your address on your driver’s licence is important task. An equally important one is updating your address for your health card. You can check out our article for information on how to make your change of address on your health card in New Brunswick!
Moving is often synonymous of stress, long administrative tasks and a significant waste of time and money. MovingWaldo helps you solve all these problems in just a few clicks! After some shameless self-promotion, we invite you to discover our free moving tools available to all.
- Update accounts
- Connect Internet, TV and Phone.
- Secure home and auto insurance
- Find resources, checklists and more.
We bring together more than 700 organizations across Canada with a single and simplified form.
Share this article on social media
How to change my address for my student loans and grants? A large number of students take out loans or are awarded loans by their provincial government. It is important to change your address with your
Unless you live under a rock, you probably want your internet connection to be installed in your new home as soon as possible! This article sheds light on the following questions…
Ready to move?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving app that will save you up to 10 hours of paperwork. And it’s free.