Unemployment: How to change my address for Employment Insurance?
Employment Insurance (EI) is a financial protection for people who have lost their job through no fault of their own. Currently, this insurance brings together more than 568,000 claimants throughout Canada. The following are the most important programs of the EI.
- Regular benefits
- Maternity and parental benefits
- Benefits for the self-employed
- Family Caregiver Benefit for Children
- Fishing benefits
- Sickness benefits
- Compassionate care benefits
- Benefits for Canadians living abroad
- Family Caregiver Benefit for Adults
For workers receiving employment insurance temporary benefits, it is important to notify the government of any changes of address. Here is the procedure you will need to follow:
Change your address for Employment Insurance online.
- Sign in to My Service Canada Account (MSCA) on the government’s website.
- When you’re logged in to your personal profile, click on “View/change my mailing address and telephone number” under the “Change” tab.
- Select the “Change” button to update your information.
How to create an My Service Canada Account ?
If you have not previously created an account, the procedure is very simple. To use this service, have on hand:
- your social insurance number (SIN)
- your date of birth
- your access code (If you’ve applied for or are receiving Employment Insurance)
If you do not have an access code, you can request one directly online on the Service Canada website. You will need your social insurance number (SIN) to process the request.
Other government agencies ?
Depending on the governmental services you receive, you may have to change your address with other agencies and/or departments not mentioned here. To make sure you do not forget any of them, please consult MovingWaldo’s complete guide to changing your address with federal government agencies.
One website for all your address change | MovingWaldo.
Do you have any question concerning your address change? MovingWaldo has been the reference in this sector since 2015. In fact, our free online service allows you to communicate your new contact information to a selection of over 600 private companies and governmental institutions in less than 5 minutes! Let’s just say there is a reason why RE/MAX and Sutton Quebec have chosen MovingWaldo has their official change of address partner.
To learn more about our free change of address service, click here.