5 Movers in London, ON that you can trust.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe and organised way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes to plan). A good moving company who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful. But, how do you find one of these? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it very difficult to separate the good from the bad. At MovingWaldo we wanted to help guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the five best moving companies in the London Ontario area – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
1. RJ’s Movers
RJ’s Movers is a family run company that has operated in London since 1969. It provides a variety of moving services, including: assembly and disassembly, packing and unpacking, piano moving and both local & long-distance moves. RJ’s has garnered an impressive reputation, gaining an A+ from the BBB, several local awards, including ‘The Best of London Free Press Award’ in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 & 2018, alongside 4.9 out of 5 on Google.
Reviews of RJ’s Movers
- Google reviews: 4.9 stars based on 25+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.9 out of 5 based on 115+ recommendations
Services offered by RJ’s Movers
- Full Packing Service – RJ’s packs whatever you want them to – ranging from the entire house, to the few extra items that you have not had time for.
- DIY Packing – They provide you with the equipment that you need to pack your furniture, including boxes and packaging material.
- Unpacking – They will unpack your entire house/office or help you do the difficult things, leaving you to unpack the rest.
- Piano Moving – A speciality of RJ’s, who will move your piano to wherever you want it no matter the difficulty.
2. A Zip Moving and Cartage
A-Zip Moving and Cartage is one of the oldest moving companies in the London area, having been operational since 1949. If offers traditional moving services, including local and long-distance moves, alongside packing and unpacking services. It has been a member of the BBB since 1987, which makes its A+ rating especially impressive.
Reviews of A-Zip Moving and Cartage
- Google reviews: 4.3 stars based on just a few reviews.
Services offered by A-Zip Moving and Cartage
- Local and Long-distance moves –Local moves charged at an hourly rate, with moves further afield done via estimate
- Packing –Professional packing and unpacking service, using sturdy boxes and containers to protect your belongings.
- Insurance –All items are insured to 60% of their actual value, extra protection can be taken out if needed.
3. Two small men with big hearts
Two Small Men with Big Hearts is one of Canada’s largest moving companies, with many franchises dotted across the country. The London branch stands out thanks to its BBB accredited status and very impressive 4.9 Google rating. If you are looking for a friendly and professional moving company in London, then they are an outstanding choice.
- Price – $125/hour
- Areas Covered –Both local and long-distance moves.
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (accredited business since 2010)
- Member of CAM – No
- In business since – 2000
Reviews of Two small men with big hearts
- Google reviews: 4.9 stars based on 200+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.7/5 based on 15+ votes
Services offered by Two small men with big hearts
- Moving homes
- Moving offices
- Senior moving
- Local and long-distance moves
- Special item and vehicle transport
- Storage services
- Packing and moving supplies
- Upsizing/downsizing services
4. Two Men and a Truck London
Two Men and a Truck is Canada’s largest moving company, which is why they warrant inclusion on this list. Their franchises are generally BBB accredited and usually have a high rating, which is why it is slightly worrying that the London branch gets a D-. However, the scale of their operation and the generally good esteem that they are held in, means that they are a good choice for anyone seeking to move with a large corporation in the London area.
- Price – Around $80-100 per hour for two men and a truck.
- Areas Covered – Canada and International moves
- Better Business Bureau rating – D-
- Member of CAM – Yes
- In business since – 2006
Reviews of Two Men and a Truck London
- Google reviews: 5 stars based on 25+ reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 5/5 based on 35+ reviews
Services offered by Two Men and a Truck London
- Local Moving
- Packing and Unpacking
- Commercial Moves
5. Brawny movers
Brawny movers are a well-established London moving company, which boasts to only employ young and strong people, to ensure that you don’t lift a finger. They have earnt an excellent reputation in the local area, as evidenced by their excellent online reviews and BBB accreditation and provide a menu of different services, including labour only, allowing you to work out the costs yourself.
- Price – Two movers with a 16′ box truck [ideal for up to a 2 bdrm apartment] which has a 3 hour minimum charge of $452 (after taxes) with each additional hour billed at $115+HST.
- Areas Covered – London and surrounding area
- Better Business Bureau rating – A (accredited since 2017)
- Member of CAM – No
Reviews of Brawny movers
- Google reviews: 4.8 stars based on 20+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.1 out of 5 based on 10+ votes.
- HomeStars reviews: 8.6/10 based on 5+ reviews
- Trusted Pros: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews
Services offered by Brawny movers
- Simple mover service (labour only) – Brawny movers provide labour for your moving needs, helping you to move your furniture.
- Movers [16′ Truck (or larger) + Labour] – Brawny movers provides labour and trucks to help you move whatever you need to.
- Furniture/Room Assembly – Brawny movers expert team help you to assemble or reassemble your furniture, while you are making repairs or setting up your house.
- Deliveries – They provide delivery services for large items, including pick-up from the store.
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article. Unless noted otherwise, MovingWaldo is not taking part in any partnership with the above companies.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s the CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It is an association of movers who’s goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard for moving companies. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of the CAM.
Share this article on social media
Who should I notify of my change of address? The complete checklist for changes of address in Manitoba Every year, you subscribe to different services whether it be a new internet provider or a popular magazine.
If you have a hot tub and need to move it, whether to a new spot in the garden or when moving home, you can be sure that it won’t be all that easy.
How to change my address with the British Columbia Public Service Pension Plan? The British Columbia Pension Corporation is the office responsible for providing administrative and professional services to the Public Service Pension Plan in the
Ready to move?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving app that will save you up to 10 hours of paperwork. And it’s free.