5 Movers in the Toronto area that you can trust.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe and organised way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes to plan). A good moving company who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful. But, how do you find one of these? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it very difficult to separate the good from the bad. At MovingWaldo we wanted to help guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the five best moving companies in Toronto and the GTA – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
1. Cargo Cabbie
Cargo Cabbie is a Torontonian, local and owner operated professional moving enterprise. For many years in a row, they have been awarded the Best Movers in Toronto by HomeStar, where they also accumulated an average customer rating of 9.9/10 from more than 800 reviews, demonstrating their number one priority, which is to excel in the services they provide and to keep their customer 100% satisfied.
With Cargo Cabbie Inc, you get a customized service since they tailor the crew and the process to make sure they answer your needs.
Reviews of Cargo Cabbie Inc
- Google reviews: 4.7 stars based on 260+ reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 9.9 out of 10 based on 840+ reviews
- Facebook: 4.6 out of 5 based on 20 reviews
Services offered by Cargo Cabbie Inc
- Moving and packing services
- Moving supplies store
- Plastic bin rentals
- Furniture disposal
2. Let’s get moving
Let’s get moving is an award-winning moving company that covers Toronto and the surrounding area. It provides a variety of moving services including – residential moves, commercial moves and relocation in the Greater Toronto area. The company has garnered an excellent reputation during its five years in business – winning the prestigious Yelp moving award in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and was also placed in the top 3 of Toronto’s best moving companies in 2018.
Reviews of Let’s get moving
- Google reviews: 4.9 stars based on 60+ reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 9.9 out of 10 based on 80+ reviews
- Facebook: 5 out of 5 based on 25+ reviews
- Yellow Pages: 5/5 based on 30+ reviews
Services offered by Let’s get moving
- Residential Moving Services – Customizable residential moving service, allowing you to choose from options such as packing, unpacking or just basic. Their friendly team of experts are always on hand to help you make the choice that is right for you.
- Office and Commercial Moving Service – Move from your office or commercial building to another one – providing a bespoke service that is tailored to your needs.
- Relocation Services – Relocate in the Greater Toronto area – offering a variety of services to suit your needs.
Packing Services – Pack your belongings and then move them for you or allow you to move them yourself.
3. El Cheapo Movers
El Cheapo Movers ltd. does what it says on the tin – providing an efficient and affordable service for people seeking to move in the Toronto area. They provides a standard moving service – including a friendly and professional moving crew, basic insurance cover and all the moving supplies that you need. El Cheapo has also won a series of awards, including – the 2013 Consumer’s Choice award, which along with its 9.0 rating on Home Stars, ensures that it is a service you can trust.
Reviews of El Cheapo Movers
- Google reviews: 3.9 stars based on 70+ reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 9.0 out of 10 based on 88 reviews
Services offered by El Cheapo Movers
- Residential Moving Service – El Cheapo provides a professional moving crew, a truck and all the moving supplies that you need for your move.
4. Two Men and a Truck
Two Men and A Truck is Canada’s largest moving company, providing an efficient service that everyone is bound to appreciate. They are accredited by the BBB, a member of CAM and have earnt a 4.7 overall rating on Google and provide a plethora of moving services to fit every imaginable need. If you want to use a large company for your move then Two Men and a Truck are the ones for you.
- Price – Around $80-100 per hour for two men and a truck
- Areas Covered – Toronto, most of Canada and International moves
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (accredited since 2017)
- Member of CAM – Yes
- In business since – Over 30 years!
Reviews of Two Men and a Truck Toronto
- Google reviews: 4.2 stars based on 35+ reviews (local branch)
- Two men and a truck website: 4.9 out of 5 based on 400+ reviews (local branch)
Services offered by Two Men and a Truck Toronto
- Local moving
- Business moving
- Long distance moving
- Packing services
- Moving boxes and supplies
- Corporate relocation/office moves
- Storage moves
- Senior moves and student moves
- Internal moves
- Moving heavy or specialty items like pianos
5. Urals Moving Company
Urals Moving Company is a Toronto based moving company that has earnt an excellent reputation during the three years it has been in business. This is exemplified by its exceptional 5-star Google rating and its 10/10 rating on HomeStars. It focuses on doing the small things well – paying attention to detail and taking excellent care of your belongings. If you are looking for a professional company in Toronto, then Urals may just be the one for you.
- Price – $135 transportation fee + $135/hour (3 movers)
- Areas Covered – Toronto area and International Moves
- Better Business Bureau rating – A (accredited since 2017)
- Member of CAM – No
- In business since – 2015
Reviews of Urals Moving Company
- Google reviews: 5 stars based on 115+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 5 stars based on 40+ votes
- Home stars: 10 out of 10 based on 95+ reviews
Services offered by Urals Moving Company
- Residential moves
- Assembly and Disassembly
- Packing and Unpacking
- Commercial Moves
- Moving container rental
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article. Unless noted otherwise, MovingWaldo is not taking part in any partnership with the above companies.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s the CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It is an association of movers who’s goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard for moving companies. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of the CAM.
Share this article on social media
Silly question; obviously, to get mail delivered at home. But what if, like the seven million other young adults in Canada, you do not receive much mail anymore? Well it is still important that you notify the organizations you do business with, and I am about to tell you why.
Ready to move?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving app that will save you up to 10 hours of paperwork. And it’s free.