5 Movers in Winnipeg that you can trust.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe and organised way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes to plan). A good moving company who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful. But, how do you find one of these? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it very difficult to separate the good from the bad. At MovingWaldo we wanted to help guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the five best moving companies in Winnipeg – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
1. Short Line Moving Solutions
Short Line Moving Solutions is a Winnipeg moving company that is imbedded within the local community. It has been in operation since 2014 and offers a variety of moving services, including – residential moves, office moves and storage services. It has garnered a good reputation in the time, gaining accreditation from the BBB and earning a rating of 4.6 on Google.
- Pricing – On demand / pricing based on weight.
- Areas Covered –Downtown communities, Tuxedo, St. James, Charleswood, St. Vital, St. Boniface, Wolseley, Fort Rouge, Transcona, Garden City & East, West and North Kildonan.
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (Accredited since 2017) What is this?
- Member of CAM – No What is this?
- In business since – 2014
Reviews of Short Line Moving Solutions
- Google reviews: 4.6 stars based on 30+ reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 9.9/10 based on 20+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.85/5 based on 20 reviews
Services offered by Short Line Moving Solutions
- Residential Moves
- Office Moves
- Full-Service Moving
- Local Movers
- Storage Services
2. Quick Transfers ltd
Quick Transfers Ltd. has operated in Winnipeg since 1959 and has had one of the Mueller family at its head for half a century. It offers a variety of services, including – packing, unpacking, storage and delivery, in Winnipeg, the wider Canada area, the United States and further afield (the company has specific links in Germany and many of the staff speak German). It has a long record of proven results – garnering an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and an average rating of 4.5 on Google. It is also a member of the Canadian Movers Association, ensuring that it is a business that you can trust.
Reviews of Quick Transfers
- Google reviews: 4.5 stars based on 25+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.75 out of 5 based on 10+ votes
Services offered by Quick Transfers
- Packing Service – Quick Transfers Ltd. carefully pack your household items, using wrapping and boxes to ensure that they are safe, before loading them aboard their well-designed truck.
- Storage Service – Quick Transfers Ltd. will store your precious belongings in their large warehouse for as long or as short a period of time as you need.
- Unpacking Service – Quick Transfers Ltd. unpack your belongings, removing all the packing materials and then leaving the smaller items for you to put in the correct place.
3. Sunny Movers
Sunny Movers is a family run moving company that is a recent entrant to the Winnipeg market. That hasn’t stopped it from quickly earning an excellent reputation, thanks to it’s A+ rating on the BBB and excellent online reviews on both Google and Facebook. If you are looking for a moving company that is keen to impress, then Sunny movers may be the perfect one for you.
- Price – On demand
- Areas Covered –Winnipeg and the surrounding area
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (accredited since 2018)
- Member of CAM – Yes
- In business since – 2016
Reviews of Sunny Movers
- Google reviews: 5 stars based on 20+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.5/5 based on 25+ reviews
Services offered by Sunny Movers
- Local Moves
- Residential Moves
- Specialty items
4. Two Men and a Truck
Two Men and a Truck Winnipeg is a franchisee of Canada’s largest moving company, making it ideal for those who want to move with a large and trustworthy company. They have been open for many years garnering an excellent A rating on the BBB and a good online reputation. If you want a corporate move with the personal touch, then they are perfect for you.
- Price – $80-100 per hour on average
- Areas Covered – Winnipeg, Canada and International Moves
- Better Business Bureau rating – A (Accredited since 2003)
- Member of CAM – Yes
- In business since – 1985
Reviews of Two Men and a Truck Winnipeg
- Google reviews: 4.2 stars based on 5+ reviews for it’s local Winnipeg branch
- Two men and a Truck’s website reviews: 4.7/5 based on 130 reviews
Services offered by Two Men and a Truck Winnipeg
- Residential moves
- Commercial moves
- Long distance moves
- Storage services
Gogetter Inc. is a Winnipeg Moving company that has been pleasing people for almost two decades. Over that time, it has earnt an excellent reputation and is rated A+ on the Better Business Bureau, alongside both excellent Google and Facebook scores. If you are looking for a locally run mover with an excellent reputation, then Gogetter may be ideal for you.
- Price – $95 per hour with a $95 travel fee
- Areas Covered – Winnipeg and the surrounding area
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (Accredited since 2009)
- Member of CAM – No
- In business since – 1999
Reviews of Gogetter
- Google reviews: 4.7 stars based on 20+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 5/5 based on 21 reviews
Services offered by Gogetter
- Local Moves
- Residential Moves
- Commercial Moves
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article. Unless noted otherwise, MovingWaldo is not taking part in any partnership with the above companies.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s the CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It is an association of movers who’s goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard for moving companies. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of the CAM.
Share this article on social media
Streaming services are now part of our daily lives and are increasingly becoming indispensable. It’s important to take them into consideration when moving, in order to avoid facing any issues with the change of your billing address. This article guides you through the steps necessary to change your personal information with the biggest streaming services on the market.
If you have ever moved home or even rearranged your living room, you will know what a challenge it can be to move a sofa or sofa bed, especially when stairs are involved! MovingWaldo excels itself in having the know-how in moving even the most difficult items, whether or not you decide to hire a professional to help you. If you decide to go it alone, we can help you every step of the way in moving your sofa or sofa bed. Likewise, if you need to move your sofa through a window, down the stairs, or through a narrow space, our expert step-by-step guide will ensure that your sofa is in its new place as soon and as efficiently as possible. Sofa so good? (Sorry, I couldn’t resist a pun!).
Ready to move?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving app that will save you up to 10 hours of paperwork. And it’s free.