5 Movers in Winnipeg that you can trust.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe and organised way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes to plan). A good moving company who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful. But, how do you find one of these? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it very difficult to separate the good from the bad. At MovingWaldo we wanted to help guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the five best moving companies in Winnipeg – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
1. Short Line Moving Solutions
Short Line Moving Solutions is a Winnipeg moving company that is imbedded within the local community. It has been in operation since 2014 and offers a variety of moving services, including – residential moves, office moves and storage services. It has garnered a good reputation in the time, gaining accreditation from the BBB and earning a rating of 4.6 on Google.
- Pricing – On demand / pricing based on weight.
- Areas Covered –Downtown communities, Tuxedo, St. James, Charleswood, St. Vital, St. Boniface, Wolseley, Fort Rouge, Transcona, Garden City & East, West and North Kildonan.
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (Accredited since 2017) What is this?
- Member of CAM – No What is this?
- In business since – 2014
Reviews of Short Line Moving Solutions
- Google reviews: 4.6 stars based on 30+ reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 9.9/10 based on 20+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.85/5 based on 20 reviews
Services offered by Short Line Moving Solutions
- Residential Moves
- Office Moves
- Full-Service Moving
- Local Movers
- Storage Services
2. Quick Transfers ltd
Quick Transfers Ltd. has operated in Winnipeg since 1959 and has had one of the Mueller family at its head for half a century. It offers a variety of services, including – packing, unpacking, storage and delivery, in Winnipeg, the wider Canada area, the United States and further afield (the company has specific links in Germany and many of the staff speak German). It has a long record of proven results – garnering an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and an average rating of 4.5 on Google. It is also a member of the Canadian Movers Association, ensuring that it is a business that you can trust.
Reviews of Quick Transfers
- Google reviews: 4.5 stars based on 25+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.75 out of 5 based on 10+ votes
Services offered by Quick Transfers
- Packing Service – Quick Transfers Ltd. carefully pack your household items, using wrapping and boxes to ensure that they are safe, before loading them aboard their well-designed truck.
- Storage Service – Quick Transfers Ltd. will store your precious belongings in their large warehouse for as long or as short a period of time as you need.
- Unpacking Service – Quick Transfers Ltd. unpack your belongings, removing all the packing materials and then leaving the smaller items for you to put in the correct place.
3. Sunny Movers
Sunny Movers is a family run moving company that is a recent entrant to the Winnipeg market. That hasn’t stopped it from quickly earning an excellent reputation, thanks to it’s A+ rating on the BBB and excellent online reviews on both Google and Facebook. If you are looking for a moving company that is keen to impress, then Sunny movers may be the perfect one for you.
- Price – On demand
- Areas Covered –Winnipeg and the surrounding area
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (accredited since 2018)
- Member of CAM – Yes
- In business since – 2016
Reviews of Sunny Movers
- Google reviews: 5 stars based on 20+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.5/5 based on 25+ reviews
Services offered by Sunny Movers
- Local Moves
- Residential Moves
- Specialty items
4. Two Men and a Truck
Two Men and a Truck Winnipeg is a franchisee of Canada’s largest moving company, making it ideal for those who want to move with a large and trustworthy company. They have been open for many years garnering an excellent A rating on the BBB and a good online reputation. If you want a corporate move with the personal touch, then they are perfect for you.
- Price – $80-100 per hour on average
- Areas Covered – Winnipeg, Canada and International Moves
- Better Business Bureau rating – A (Accredited since 2003)
- Member of CAM – Yes
- In business since – 1985
Reviews of Two Men and a Truck Winnipeg
- Google reviews: 4.2 stars based on 5+ reviews for it’s local Winnipeg branch
- Two men and a Truck’s website reviews: 4.7/5 based on 130 reviews
Services offered by Two Men and a Truck Winnipeg
- Residential moves
- Commercial moves
- Long distance moves
- Storage services
5. Two Small Men with Big Hearts
Two Small Men with Big Hearts is one of Canada’s largest moving companies and has more than 250 dedicated employees who will facilitate your move for you. They are fully BBB compliant and have achieved an excellent Google rating of 4.6, ensuring that it is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to move with an efficient moving company in Edmonton.
- Price – On demand / pricing based on weight.
- Areas Covered – Winnipeg and National
- Better Business Bureau rating – A- (Accredited since 2019)
- Member of CAM – No
- In business since – 2010
Reviews of Two Small Men with Big Hearts
- Google reviews: 4.6 stars based on 243+ reviews (national)
Services offered by Two Small Men with Big Hearts
Moving is often synonymous of stress, long administrative tasks and a significant waste of time and money. MovingWaldo helps you solve all these problems in just a few clicks! After some shameless self-promotion, we invite you to discover our free moving tools available to all.
- Update accounts
- Connect Internet, TV and Phone.
- Secure home and auto insurance
- Find resources, checklists and more.
We bring together more than 700 organizations across Canada with a single and simplified form.
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article. Unless noted otherwise, MovingWaldo is not taking part in any partnership with the above companies.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s the CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It is an association of movers who’s goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard for moving companies. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of the CAM.
Share this article on social media
Moving to another province requires organization. There are some things you need in place before you arrive. In this article we walk you through the 8 accounts you must open first, and exactly how to do it.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving. A good moving company who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful. we collated information about the five best moving companies in Edmonton.
Some tenants believe—wrongly—that they’re insured under their owner’s policy. To cover the value of your possessions and your third party liability, you need tenant insurance. Of course, necessary or not, everyone wants to save on their insurance premium. Here are a few ways to do just that.
Who should I notify of my change of address? The complete checklist for changes of address in Nova Scotia Every year, you subscribe to different services whether it be a new internet provider or a popular
Ready to move?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving app that will save you up to 10 hours of paperwork. And it’s free.