City mouse ? Or country mouse ?
Deciding where to live – between the city and the country – can be a tough choice. Here is a list of the advantages and disadvantages to help you make up your mind.
Our whims and wishes have a lot to do with where we decide to live. The peace and quiet of the countryside may appeal to you now, but what if the allure of a busy urban centre with its many conveniences turns your head?
To make the best choice, take stock of your current situation.
Is your home life stable? Are you planning to start a family or having more children in the near future? Do you want to live close to your loved ones? These are all questions that can help you see more clearly before you make a move.
Seduced by Mother Nature
Living way out in the country can be terrific for lovers of nature and wide open spaces.
- Peace and quiet
- More space: houses are often bigger and more accommodating for large families
- Convenience of nature close at hand: hiking, cross-country skiing, gardening, etc.
- Often lower cost of properties
- More privacy as houses are further apart
- Bigger lots
- Farther distance to shopping centres and municipal services
- Need for a car, and perhaps more than one, due to lack of public transit
- Longer commutes to work
If you like being in the heat of the action, with an array of restaurants, museums, special events and other things to do, then the city is ideal for you.
- Plenty of transportation options: bus, metro, streetcars, as well as an abundance of taxis and ride-sharing services
- Vibrant cultural life: special events, festivals, concerts, and exhibits
- Proximity of health services
- Best career opportunities: large companies have their head offices in the city
- Exposure to pollution and smog
- Urban stress
- Congestion and crowds
- Noise pollution
- Higher prices of houses, condos and apartments
It all boils down to you and your priorities
The city and the countryside each have their advantages and disadvantages. It really depends on your professional, personal and financial circumstances.
Now that you have an idea of the pros and cons, it’s up to you to decide what your priorities are, what you like most and least. Taking the time to carefully consider all these factors will help you make the right decision.
Happy moving day!
More information about your address changes :
In Part 1 of this article, you will find a comparison of different car shipping companies and what to look for when shipping your vehicle. […]
Moving can be an exciting, life changing time but choosing the right neighborhood can have a powerful effect on your life after you’ve settled in. […]
One website for all your address change | MovingWaldo.
Do you have any question concerning your address change? MovingWaldo has been the reference in this sector since 2015. In fact, our free online service allows you to communicate your new contact information to a selection of over 600 private companies and governmental institutions in less than 5 minutes! Let’s just say there is a reason why RE/MAX and Sutton Quebec have chosen MovingWaldo has their official change of address partner.
To learn more about our free change of address service, click here.